Primary School Education is divided into four stages.
NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) is responsible for developing the education syllabus. Maths and English make up about 50 per cent of the school week. A child in K-6 typically spends 80 per cent of their time learning from the NSW syllabus with school determining what activities make up the remaining 20 per cent of time.
Click here for information on Education Standards
For more information contact your school.
Schools in the ACT follow the Australian curriculum.
Click here to view the Australian Curriculum
National Assessment Program - Literacy and Numeracy (NAPLAN) is an annual assessment for all students in Years 3, 5, 7 and 9. It tests the types of skills that are essential for every child to progress through school and life. The tests cover skills in reading, writing, spelling, grammar and punctuation, and numeracy. The assessments are undertaken every year in the second full week in May.
Click here for more information on NAPLAN
Guides to assist you to help your child
Gearing up for Parent Engagement in Student learning toolkit has been developed by Catholic School Parents Australia to assist families and schools develop meaningful partnerships to improve learning and wellbeing of students.
There is information topics such as; wellbeing and learning at home and developing relationships.